You'll think you're at Skyline!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Servings: 6 servings
Cost per serving $2.28 view details
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 med onions, chopped fine
- 1 med garlic clove, pressed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- .75 teaspoon ground black pepper
- .25 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans tomato sauce (NOT spaghetti sauce)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1.5 lbs 85% lean ground beef
- Large institutional size bottle of Tabasco sauce
- Heat oil in Dutch Oven over med-high heat until simmering. Cook onions until soft and browned around edges, about 8 mins.
- Add garlic, tomato paste, chili powder, oregano, cinnamon, 1 tsp salt, pepper, and allspice. Cook until fragrant.
- Stir in broth, tomato sauce, vinegar, and sugar.
- Add beef and stir to break up meat. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to med-low, simmer until chili is deep brown and slightly thickened - 15 to 20 mins.
- Season with salt and serve with spaghetti and cheese ("3- way"). Liberally douse with Tabasco sauce!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 397g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 185||53%|
|Total Fat 20.59g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 7.13g||29%|
|Trans Fat 1.12g|
|Total Carbs 16.99g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.6g||15%|