Everyone knows I really like making skewers. I mean, who doesn’t love meat on a stick? Well, the word satay is an Asian way of saying “meat on a stick”. This recipe combines all my favorite ingredients- lime juice, cilantro, jalapenos- I guarantee this will make it to your top 5 marinades once you make it. Yes its that good. The longer the meat marinates, the more flavor and cilantro lime goodness!
- 12+ bamboo skewers (soak for 30 minutes beforehand)
- 1lb beef sirloin, cut into 1â wide pieces, 1/4â thick slices
- 1 package of Naan, Pita or flatbread, enough for 4 âwrapsâ
- one tomato, diced
- 2 cups arugula
- Puree all marinade ingredients (soy sauce, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, fish sauce, oil, sugar and garlic) with a hand mixer or food processor until it forms a paste.
- Combine marinade and beef in a non-reactive container and marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Thread the beef strips onto pre-soaked bamboo skewers.
- For the dipping sauce, combine all ingredients (sour cream, cilantro and lime juice) and refrigerate until ready to serve).
- Preheat a charcoal grill to medium high heat, about 350-400 degrees.
- Grill the skewers for 3 minutes on each side or until char marks form. These are thin slices of meat so they donât need much time on the grill.
- Grill the Naan or Pita bread for 30 second each side to warm them. Serve the skewers placed inside the Naan or flat bread. Remove the skewers and add the cilantro/lime dipping sauce and arugula and diced tomatoes.
- Enjoy your Asian inspired âtacoâ!
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 160g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 139||53%|
|Total Fat 15.37g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 6.42g||26%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.24g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|