Cost per serving $0.00 view details
- 2 tsp salad oil
- 3Â 1/2 lb beef eye of round roast - (to 4 lbs) trimmed of fat
- 2 med onions cut into eighths
- 1 x celery stalk thinly sliced
- 2 x garlic cloves chopped or possibly pressed
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp ginger grnd
- 1/4 tsp freshly-grnd black pepper
- 1 c. apple cider or possibly juice
- 2 Tbsp. light molasses
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch blended with
- 2 Tbsp. cool water
- Â Â Salt to taste
- Â Â Minced parsley
- Heat oil in a wide nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat; add in beef and brown well on all sides. Meanwhile, in a 4-qt or possibly larger electric slow cooker, combine onions, celery and garlic; sprinkle with allspice, ginger, and pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix cider and molasses. Place beef on top of onion mix; pour in cider mix. Cover and cook at LOW setting till beef is very tender when pierced (9 1/2 to 10 hours).
- Lift roast to a hot platter and keep hot. Skim and throw away fat from cooking liquid, if necessary; then blend in cornstarch mix. Increase heat to HIGH; cover and cook, stirring 2 or possibly 3 more times, till sauce is thickened (about 15 more min). Season to taste with salt.
- To serve, remove and throw away string from beef, then slice beef across the grain. Spoon some of the sauce over meat; sprinkle with parsley. Serve remaining sauce in a bowl or possibly pitcher to add in to taste.
- This recipe yields 10 to 12 servings.
- NOTES :