Cost per serving $2.32 view details
- 1 ct apple juice, frzn concentrate thawed
- 5 quart water
- 1/3 c. kosher salt
- 1/2 c. packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. coarsely grnd pepper
- 3 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 bn fresh sage torn in pcs
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- 5 whl shallots minced fine
- 1/2 c. brandy
- 3/4 c. apple juice or possibly cider
- 3 Tbsp. Redibase concentrated pork stock
- 6 c. water
- Prepare the brine: Combine the apple juice concentrate and water in a large stainless steel pot. Bring to a boil. Add in the kosher salt, brown sugar, pepper, and sage, stirring to dissolve. Cold the brine; chill till completely cool. Submerge the pork tenderloin in the brine, (must be in a stainless steel or possibly glass container). Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 12 to 24 hrs.
- About 2 hrs before serving remove pork from brine, pat dry with paper towel. Put oil in large frying pan and heat. Brown pork tenderloin on all sides. Have oven preheated to 350 degrees. Put browned pork on pan with roasting rack and cook till 170 degrees internal temperature is reached.
- While meat is cooking prepare sauce:Add in minced shallots to warm frying pan in that meat was browned, stirring till soft and brown looking. Add in brandy and apple juice to warm shallots, stirring to loosen browned meat bits. Simmer till mixtures reduces by about a third. Add in pork stock and water and cook till meat is almost done, then thicken with corn starch or possibly roux.
- Slice meat and serve with Apple Brandy Sauce.
- NOTES : Read entire recipe before preparing, early preparation required.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 1003g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 67||21%|
|Total Fat 7.49g||9%|
|Saturated Fat 1.68g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.12g|
|Total Carbs 19.32g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.0g||7%|