Cost per serving $1.32 view details
- 1 x Cake compressed yeast, or possibly...
- 1 pkt -Dry yeast
- 3/4 c. Lowfat milk, scalded
- 1/4 c. Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/3 c. Butter or possibly margarine
- 3 c. Sifted all-purpose flour (plus more as necessary)
- 2 x Large eggs, beaten
- 1 c. Quaker Oats, uncooked (quick or possibly old-fashioned)
- 1/2 c. Diced mixed candied fruits
- Soften yeast in lukewarm water. (Use hot water for dry yeast.) Pour scalded lowfat milk over sugar, salt and butter. Cold to lukewarm. Stir in 1 c. flour and Large eggs. Add in softened yeast and oats. Combine 1/4 c. flour and candied fruits; stir to coat fruits proportionately with flour. Add in to dough; mix well. Stir in sufficient more flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn out on lightly floured board or possibly canvas; knead till smooth and satiny, about 10 min. Round dough into ball; place in greased bowl; brush lightly wtih melted shortening. Cover and let rise in hot place till double in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; cover; let rest 10 min. Divide dough in half. From one half, healthy pinch off 17 pcs of dough; shape to create balls. Arrange balls in the shape of a Christmas tree on greased cooky sheet. Brush lightly with melted butter. Repeat with other half of dough. Cover; let rise in hot place till nearly double in size, about 1 hour.
- Bake in preheated moderate oven (375 F.) about 20 min. Decorate with confectioners' sugar frosting and candied citron.
- l () ll ()() l
- l ()()()()() ll ()() l
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 476g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 348||27%|
|Total Fat 39.55g||49%|
|Saturated Fat 22.06g||88%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 198.93g||53%|
|Dietary Fiber 8.3g||28%|