Cost per serving $3.95 view details
- 1 x 6 lb boneless prime rib beef roast
- 2 x 20 ounce bottles of Cabernet Sauvignon
- 4 c. beef stock or possibly canned broth
- 2 c. Ruby Port
- 3 lrg clv garlic, peeled
- 1 lrg shallot, peeled, halved
- 2 x bay leaves
- 3 tsp dry thyme
- 4 lrg clv garlic, pressed
- Â Â Fresh parsley sprigs
- Combine Cabernet Sauvignon, beef stock, Ruby Port, garlic cloves, shallot, bay leaves and 1 tsp. thyme in large saucepan (don't use aluminum).
- Boil till reduced to 2 c.. This takes about 1 hour, or possibly the Cabernet mix can also be made a couple days in advance. If made in advance, cold, cover and chill till needed.
- Preheat oven to 450 F and place prime rib (fat side up) in a large, deep baking pan.
- Rub beef with pressed garlic and remaining thyme.
- Season beef generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 1 hour. Cover beef with foil, keeping the foiled tented to prevent contact with the beef.
- Roast till center of prime rib registers 118 F for rare (approximately 1/2 hour).
- Transfer to platter and let stand 20 min.
- Pour off all fat from roasting pan.
- Place pan over medium-high heat and add in Cabernet mix to pan, bringing to a boil.
- Scoop up any browned bits and season to taste.
- Pour jus into sauce bowl and garnish platter with parsley.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 790g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 744||58%|
|Total Fat 82.54g||103%|
|Saturated Fat 33.33g||133%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 6.5g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1%|