Cost per serving $1.17 view details
- 1 lb Grnd Beef
- 1 x Onion, Thinly Sliced, Medium
- 2/3 c. Water
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- 3 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Molasses
- 1/4 tsp Ginger
- 16 ounce Bean Sprouts, 1 cn, *
- 8Â 1/2 ounce Water Chestnuts, 1 cn, **
- 8 x Hamburger Buns, ***
- * Bean Sprouts should be rinsed and liquid removed.
- ** Water Chestnuts should be rinsed, liquid removed and sliced.*** Hamburger buns should be split and toasted.
- Cook and stir the meat and onion in a large skillet till the onion is tender. Drain off the excess fat. Mix the water, cornstarch, soy sauce, molasses and ginger and stir into the meat mix.
- Add in the bean sprouts and water chestnuts. Cook, stirring constantly, till the mix thickens and boils, about 5 min. Serve on the toasted buns and pass the soy sauce.
- NOTE:For Chow Mien omit the buns. Serve the chow mien mix over warm cooked rice or possibly chow mien noodles.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 217g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 107||32%|
|Total Fat 11.94g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 4.4g||18%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 39.63g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||7%|