Cost per serving $1.12 view details
- 1 cup lentils
- 3 cups liquid (I used a combo of chicken stock and water)
- 1 whole carrot
- 2 whole celery stalks (with leaves)
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- handful of chili flakes
- 2 links sweet chorizo
- 1 white onion diced
- 3 gloves garlic finely diced
- good splash of white wine
- Add lentils, liquid (stalk, water or combo), carrot, celery and bay leaf to pot.
- Bring lentils to boil uncovered.
- Cover and turn heat down to low.
- Allow to simmer for 15-20 mins (the lentils will still be very firm).
- While lentils are cooking heat olive oil and chili flakes in deep saute pan or pot.
- Add onion and garlic to pan and saute until translucent.
- Dice chorizo and add to pan.
- Saute until chorizo is cooked through.
- Remove from heat until lentils are cooked.
- When lentils are ready return chorizo to heat.
- Add splash of white wine to deglaze pan.
- Allow to cook down for a couple of minutes.
- Drain liquid from lentils. Reserve liquid.
- Remove carrot, celery, etc. from lentils.
- Add lentils to pan with chorizo.
- Add 1/2 cup of liquid from lentils.
- Cook on low heat until lentils reach desired consistency.
- Continue to add liquid if needed to keep the mixture loose and stew like.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 137g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 139||39%|
|Total Fat 15.49g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 4.89g||20%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 33.91g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 15.9g||53%|