Cost per recipe $33.44 view details
- 1Â 1/2 c. chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. butter melted
- 3 ounce semi sweet chocolate chips
- 32 ounce cream cheese softened
- 1Â 1/4 c. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 lrg Large eggs
- 8 ounce lowfat sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1Â 1/2 c. heavy cream o whipping cream
- 12 ounce semi sweet chocolate
- 8 ounce white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degreese. Grease 9" springform pan. In bowl, mix chocolate afer crumbs & butter; firmly press onto bottom of pan. Bake 12-15 min. Remove crust from oven & sprinkle with chocolate pices. Let stand till soft then spread over crust. Chill while preparing filling.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese till light in small bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch & salt. Slowly beat into cream cheese till blended. With mixer at low sped, gradually beat in Large eggs, lowfat sour cream, vanilla & one c. heavy cream till blended & smooth.
- Divide batter proportionately into two 4-8 c. measuring c. or possibly containers with pouring spout. In small saucepan over low heat, heat 8 ounce semi sweet chocolate. In another small pan over very low heat, heat the white chocolate. Stir melted semi sweet chocolate into matter in one measuring c. & stir melted white chocolate into batter in 2nd measuring c..
- To create "zebra" design pour half of dark batter into springform pan. Holding white batter about 2 feet above pan, pour about half of batter. Pouring from this height will cause batter in center of cake to be pushed toward edge of pan, forming zebra design. Repeat procedure three times, decreasing the amounts of batter each time & pouring from high above pan only into center, ending with white batter. Top of cake should look like a series of concentric circles.
- Bake cheesecake 30 min. Reduce heat to 225 degrees and bake 1 hour and 45 min longer or possibly till center is set. Turn off oven; let cheesecake remain in oven 1 hour. Remove cheesecake from oven. Run spatula around edge of cheesecake to loosen. Cold cake on wire rack. Chill cake at least 6 ours or possibly till well chilled.
- GLAZE In 1 qt pan over medium heat, heat remaining 1/2 c. heavy cream till small bubbles form around edge of pan. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining 4 squares semi-sweet chocolate till smooth. Cold glaze 10 min. meanwhile, carefully remove cake from pan to cake plate, with spatula, spead glaze over top & side. Chill 30-45 min till glaze is set.
- NOTES : I remember seeing this recipe listed on the North Carolina state fair lists
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2526g|
|Calories from Fat 6363||68%|
|Total Fat 733.52g||917%|
|Saturated Fat 419.34g||1677%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 701.18g||187%|
|Dietary Fiber 77.0g||257%|