Cost per recipe $5.15 view details
- 6 ounce bittersweet or possibly semisweet chocolate, minced
- 1 c. whipping cream
- 1/4 c. Irish cream liqueur, coffee liqueur, amaretto, or possibly lowfat milk
- 2 x slightly beaten egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- Â Â Melted white or possibly dark chocolate (optional)
- Â Â White chocolate shavings (optional)
- Line an 8-by-8-by-2 inch pan with plastic wrap, extending plastic wrap over edges of pan; set aside.
- In a heavy medium saucepan, heat minced chocolate over very low heat, stirring constantly till chocolate begins to heat. Remove from heat; stir till smooth.
- In a chilled mixing bowl, combine whipping cream and 1 Tbsp. of the liqueur. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed till soft peaks form (tips curl). Cover; chill up to 2 hrs.
- In a heavy small saucepan, stir together yolks, sugar and remaining liqueur or possibly lowfat milk. Cook over medium-low heat till thick (about 8 min), stirring frequently with a wire whisk. Remove from heat; pour into a medium bowl. Add in melted chocolate, 2 Tbsp. at a time, to warm yolk mix, beating on medium speed till combined. Add in 1/2 c. whipped cream mix; beat on low speed till smooth. Mix in remaining whipped cream. Spoon proportionately into prepared pan. Cover; freeze about 4 hrs or possibly till hard.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Invert frzn chocolate mix onto baking sheet. Remove plastic. Using 1-, 2-, and 3 inch star-shape cookie cutters, cut shapes from chocolate, dipping cutters into hot water between cuts. Cover; return shapes to freezer till serving time. To serve, if you like, drizzle plates with melted chocolate. Place frzn cutouts on chocolate drizzles and, if you like, sprinkle with white chocolate shavings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 377g|
|Calories from Fat 1223||78%|
|Total Fat 143.14g||179%|
|Saturated Fat 88.67g||355%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 92.3g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 28.2g||94%|