- 2 1/2 c. sifted cake flour
- 1 tsp baking pwdr
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp. cocoa pwdr
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 5 Tbsp. softened butter, softened
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 lrg egg
- 2 lrg egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c. yogurt
- 1/2 c. slivered almonds Amaretto or possibly other liqueur Powdered sugar Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift all dry ingredients together and set aside
- In a large bowl, beat softened butter till creamy. Add in sugar and continue to beat till the mix is light in color.
- Whisk together, egg, egg whites and vanilla and then gradually beat in to the butter/sugar mix.
- Add in flour mix in 3 parts, alternating with yogurt, beating on low speed till the dry ingredients and yogurt are incorporated into the other ingredients.
- Finely chop and toast the slivered almonds and fold into batter.
- Pour ingredients into a buttered bundt pan, spreading proportionately. Bake for 25 to 30 min, or possibly till toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
- Let cold for 30 min.
- Tap the bundt pan on the sides firmly to loosen the cake and turn upside down onto a working surface. Sprinkle a generous amount of liqueur on the bundt cake then sift a generous amount of powdered sugar over the liqueur.
- Note: You can also put your favorite transparent glaze or possibly frosting over cake.