Cost per serving $1.37 view details
- 2 c. chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/3 c. butter, melted
- Â Â Caramel Filling
- 3/4 c. granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. corn syrup
- 1/3 c. butter, cut into small pcs
- 2/3 c. minced macadamia nuts
- Â Â whipping cream
- Â Â Chocolate Silk
- 2/3 c. whipping cream
- 6 ounce bittersweet chocolate, minced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Â Â Topping
- 1/2 c. macadamia nuts
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- In bowl, stir wafer crumbs with butter till moistened.
- Press onto bottom and up side of 9-inch (23 cm) round or possibly square tart pan with removable bottom.
- Bake in center of oven for 10 min or possibly till set. Let cold completely on rack.
- Caramel Filling:In heavy saucepan, combine sugar, water and corn syrup.
- Bring to boil; boil, without stirring, but brushing down sides with wet pastry brush, for about 8 min or possibly till mix turns caramel colour.
- Remove from heat; whisk in butter.
- Whisk in nuts and cream.
- Pour filling into prepared crust.
- Chill for about 1 hour or possibly till set.
- Chocolate Silk:In clean saucepan, heat cream just till boiling; pour over chocolate and butter in bowl, whisking till melted and smooth.
- Let cold slightly.
- Pour over caramel nut filling.
- Chill for at least 8 hrs or possibly till set, or possibly for up to 2 days.
- Topping:Arrange nuts closely together on foil-lined baking sheet.
- In saucepan, combine sugar with water.
- Bring to a boil; boil, without stirring, but brushing down sides with wet pastry brush, for 5 to 7 min or possibly till mix turns caramel colour; pour over nuts; let cold completely.
- (Make-ahead: nut topping can be stored, uncovered, for up to 1 day.)
- Break into pcs; finely chop in food processor.
- Remove sides of tart pan; slide tart onto serving platter, removing bottom.
- Whip cream; spoon into pastry bag fitted with rosette tip.
- Pipe border of rosettes around edge of tart.
- Sprinkle with nut topping.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 96g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 264||62%|
|Total Fat 30.52g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 16.82g||67%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 42.35g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||11%|