Cost per serving $0.61 view details
- 1 package of plain vanilla cookies (2 handfulls)
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 3 Tbs Cocoa (good quality cocoa is really important)
- 7 Tbs melted Butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- Take the cookies and break them into small pieces.
- Cut walnuts or pecans into small pieces.
- In a small, non-stick pot add cocoa and sugar and mix together. Add egg and melted butter. Simmer the mixture on low heat for 3-4 minutes, add the crushed cookies and nuts, mix well. The mixture should be thick.
- Take parchment paper, and cut into a rectangle, just enough for the mixture to fit. Take a piece of butter and rub the top of the parchment paper (this prevents the mixture from sticking to the paper).
- Add the mixture from the pot on to the parchment paper and roll it in the form of a sausage. Twist the ends so that it holds its shape.
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving. Once ready to serve, slice it like salami and enjoy!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 58g|
|Recipe makes 5 servings|
|Calories from Fat 183||65%|
|Total Fat 20.93g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 10.86g||43%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 23.05g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.0g||3%|