Cost per serving $0.16 view details
- 1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix, (2-layer size)
- 2 pkt (2-ounce. each) Chocolate Mousse Mix
- 2/3 c. Cool Lowfat milk
- 1/3 c. Raspberry Liqueur
- 1 jar , (12-ounce.) Raspberry Fudge Sauce
- Â Â Fresh Raspberries for garnish
- Prepare the Devil's Food Cake mix as directed on the manufacturer's package. Bake the cakes in two 9-inch round cake pans which have been lightly coated with a non-stick cooking spray. Cold the cakes on a wire rack. Level the tops of the baked cakes and split each in half horizontally to produce 4 layers. Set aside.
- Prepare the chocolate mousse mixes as directed on the manufacturer's package, with one very important exception: Combine the lowfat milk and the raspberry liqueur, and use which mix for the liquid (rather than a c. of lowfat milk).
- To assemble the cake, place the bottom layer on a serving plate and spread a thin layer of the raspberry fudge sauce over it. Use no more than one-third c. of the fudge sauce on any one cake layer. Next, spread about one-half c. of the raspberry-chocolate mousse mix over the top of the fudge sauce.
- Repeat the process, layering the raspberry fudge sauce and the raspberry-chocolate mousse, till you reach the top layer of the cake. Use the remaining raspberry- chocolate mousse to frost the top and sides of the cake.
- Finally, and no more than an hour before serving, place a single layer of fresh raspberries on the top of the cake. Chill. Slice to serve.
- Kitchen Staff Tip: Cannot find fruit-flavored fudge sauces at your local grocer No problem. Simply blend a few Tbsp. of raspberry liqueur into a conventional fudge sauce and return it to the bottle, clearly re-labeled. The enhanced flavor is perfect for today's recipe, and is also great served over plain vanilla ice cream with a few beautiful, fresh raspberries.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 20g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 11||39%|
|Total Fat 1.22g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.75g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 2.14g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.0g||0%|