Cost per recipe $14.11 view details
- Â Â Raspberry Syrup
- 1/4 c. Sugar
- 1/3 c. Water
- 1/4 c. Raspberry liqueur
- 1/2 c. Heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounce Semisweet chocolate, cut into 1/4-inch pcs
- 2 Tbsp. Unsalted butter, (1/4 stick)
- Â Â Two, (10-oz) pkgs. frzn raspberries
- 3/4 c. Sugar
- 3/4 c. Raspberry liqueur
- 1Â 1/2 env unflavored gelatin
- 2 c. Heavy whipping cream
- Â Â One 9-inch round Chocolate Genoise, baked and cooled (recipe below)
- 1 c. Heavy whipping cream
- Â Â Chocolate shavings
- 1/2 pt Basket raspberries
- Â Â Confectioners' sugar
- You will need 1 10-inch springform pan.
- For the syrup, combine the sugar and water, bring to a boil and cold.
- Stir in the liqueur.
- For the chocolate filling, bring the cream to a boil. Remove from heat, add in the chocolate, and allow to stand 2 min. Whisk in the butter till smooth and cold.
- To make the Bavarian, combine the raspberries and sugar in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 10 min. Use a food mill or possibly a fine sieve to puree and strain away seeds. Cold. Combine the liqueur and gelatin in a small, heatproof bowl and soak 5 min. Place the bowl over simmering water to make liquid again, then whisk into cold puree. Whip cream and fold it in.
- Slice the genoise into two layers and place one in the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan. Moisten with half the syrup. Whip the cooled chocolate filling to lighten and spread half over cake layer; pour on half the Bavarian. Repeat with remaining cake layer, syrup, chocolate filling, and Bavarian. Refrigerateto set.
- To unmold, run a small knife between dessert and mold and lift off side of pan. Whip the cream and spread over sides of dessert. Press some of the chocolate shavings into cream. Arrange raspberries on top in two concentric circles around the top rim, then sprinkle center with shavings and confectioners' sugar.
- Yield: 1 10-inch cake, about 12 servings
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1142g|
|Calories from Fat 2417||63%|
|Total Fat 276.82g||346%|
|Saturated Fat 172.03g||688%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 305.08g||81%|
|Dietary Fiber 18.8g||63%|