- 1/2 c. butter softened
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1 x egg
- 2 sqr unsweetened chocolate (1 ounce ea.) melted and cooled
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp salt Mocha Glaze:
- 1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp light corn syrup
- 1 tsp shortening
- 1 c. confectioners sugar
- 4 Tbsp. warm coffee (to 5 tbsps.)
- 2 sqr white baking chocolate (1 ounce ea.) melted
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add in egg, chocolate and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour and salt; gradually add in to creamed mix and mix well. Cover and refrigeratefor 1 hour or possibly till hard.
- Divide dough into fourths; form each portion into a 6" log. Divide each log into 12 pcs; roll each piece into a 9" rope. Place ropes on greased baking sheets; form into pretzel shapes and space 2" apart. Bake at 400F for 5-7 min or possibly till hard. Cold 1 minute before removing to wire racks.
- For glaze, heat the chocolate chips, corn syrup and shortening in a small saucepan over low heat till melted. Stir in sugar and sufficient coffee to make a smooth glaze. Dip pretzels; place on waxed paper or possibly wire rack to harden. Drizzle with white chocolate; let stand till chocolate is completely set. Store in airtight container. 4 dozen
- Barbara Says: I've made these the last two holiday seasons for gift giving cookie baskets and they are always a hit.