Cost per recipe $7.29 view details
- 1/2 c. butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 4 sq. (4 ounce) unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- Quick Chocolate Frosting (recipe follows)
- Walnut halves for garnish
- 1. Cream butter with sugar till well blended. Add in chocolate and large eggs. Beat till very smooth and fluffy.2. Add in flour, baking soda and buttermilk to bowl. Mix, using low speed, till blended. Or possibly mix using wooden spoon, beating well, till smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- 3. Put into well greased and lightly floured 10 inch tube type pan.
- 4. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 min or possibly till a cake tester comes out clean.
- 5. Cool 5 min, then turn out of pan onto wire rack. Cool completely. Spread with Quick Chocolate Frosting. Garnish with walnuts.
- Quick Chocolate Frosting: Over hot water, heat 1 square (1 oz) unsweetened chocolate with 1 tbsp butter. Stir in 1 cup unsifted powdered sugar and 1-2 tbsp hot coffee or possibly sufficient to make a smooth, spreadable frosting. Makes one 10 inch cake.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1681g|
|Calories from Fat 1709||31%|
|Total Fat 196.97g||246%|
|Saturated Fat 103.01g||412%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 943.72g||252%|
|Dietary Fiber 36.6g||122%|