Cost per serving $0.92 view details
- 1 c. Flour
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 1/3 c. Unsweetened dutch cocoa
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1 c. Lowfat milk
- 1 lrg Egg
- 4 Tbsp. Unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 ounce Bittersweet chocolate, finely minced
- 1/2 c. Heavy cream, or possibly lowfat milk
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Instant espresso pwdr, not freeze-dry
- 1 Tbsp. Butter, room temp
- 1. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking pwdr, and salt.
- 2. In another bowl, whisk together lowfat milk, egg, butter and vanilla and blend thoroughly. Pour over dry ingredients and mix with whisk till just combined.
- 3. Lightly butter oil or possibly spray griddle, even if it has nonstick surface.
- Preheat oven to 200F if you want to keep pancakes hot.
- 4. Spoon 3 tbsp of batter onto griddle for each pancake, and use spatula or possibly back of spoon to press batter into rounds. Flip with wide spatula and cook till both sides are light brown. Flip gently, they are soft and thin and need extra TLC. Serve immediately, or possibly keep hot in oven.
- 5. For sauce. Place chocolate in heatproof bowl and set aside. In medium saucepan, mix cream, sugar, espresso pwdr and salt over med heat, stirring to dissolve. Remove from heat and gradually whisk in chocolate till smooth. Whisk in butter and serve or possibly cover and refrigeratetill needed.
- "These decadent pancakes are soft, rich and chocolatey sufficient to satisfy any craving. Use good cocoa pwdr which has been Dutch-processed to make them darker and fudgier. Top with scoop of good vanilla ice cream if you like."
- Sauce will keep up to 2 weeks. If you like, hot over low heat or possibly in microwave.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 189g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 287||52%|
|Total Fat 33.19g||41%|
|Saturated Fat 20.27g||81%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 60.99g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.4g||15%|