This dessert is almost like if the mousse met the ice cream and they had chocolate chunk babies! lol
I promise you, It's super easy and extremelly sofisticated and the taste, WOW, that's all I can say....
For picture of the whole procedure go to www.gotmixer.com
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 small package of Nestle milk chocolate morsels (11.5 oz)
- 1 chocolate bittersweet bar (4 oz, I used Ghirardelli 60% cacao chocolate
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup of sugar (for whipping cream)
- Now lets start putting our KitchenAid Mixer bowl in the fridge.
- Chop the chocolate bar (semisweet) with a knife into small chunks and reserve.
- Pour about 3 cups of water into a pot and let it boil in medium heat to use as a double boiler later.
- Bring the bowl back (should be very cold) and pour heavy cream inside, beat on high speed with the whipping tool till thicker texture (not super hard) and add the 1/4 cup of sugar to make the whipped cream sweet and beat till blended, transfer the whipped cream into a different bowl.
- Clean the KitchenAid Mixer bowl and whipping tool and make sure its completely dry.
- On a clean heat safe bowl (that fits on the top of your pot with boiling water to use as a double boiler) add 3 eggs and 2 egg yolks, the vanilla extract and the sugar and whisk with a wire whisk till all combined, take the bowl to the top of the boiling water and make sure you DO NOT stop whisking otherwise it wont have the texture we need, whisk this for 8 minutes, the mixture now will be a light and fluffy cream, take off the heat and pour it into the KitchenAid Mixer bowl.
- Start whipping this mixture on a medium high speed with the whipping tool for another 8 minutes.While you are whipping the cream melt the milk chocolate morsels on a new pot over the boiling water you just used to make the cream, after melted turn off heat.
- Now your cream should be fluffy and thicker and cooler, pour this mixture into the whipped cream and add the semi sweet chocolate chunks and start folding delicately until all combined.
- On a baking sheet (I used my glass baking sheet and it worked perfectly) pour half of this cream with the help of a spoon.
- Pour the melted Milk chocolate into the other half of the mixture that is still in the bowl and fold it gently.
- Now, pour the chocolate cream over the white cream in the baking sheet.
- With the help of a spoon, make designs bringing the bottom cream to top or whatever you prefer.
- I topped my dessert with chocolate sprinkles because I just LOVE it, but itâs really up to you, honestly you donât really need anything, this dessert is just great the way it isâ¦
- Now, cover the baking sheet with a clear wrap very tight and into the freezer it goes for at least 4 hours.
- You can keep it in the freezer for almost a month, Its like an ice cream, but make sure you take it off about 15 min before eating it, because it has to have the texture of frozen and creamy melting ice cream all together.
- THIS IS DELICIOUS, It looks super fancy and the taste is divine!!!!
- * You can add Nutella instead of the melted milk chocolate to have a richer flavor.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 568g|
|Calories from Fat 1016||55%|
|Total Fat 114.97g||144%|
|Saturated Fat 67.51g||270%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 184.08g||49%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||5%|