Cost per recipe $4.90 view details
- 6 ounce. semi-sweet chocolate, cut into 1/2 inch pcs
- 2 Large eggs, room temperature, separated
- 1/4 c. warm melted butter (160-180 degrees F)
- 1/4 c. warm water
- 3 tbsp. creme de cacao
- 3 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- Healthy pinch of cream of tartar
- 1 c. chilled whipping cream
- Raspberry Sauce (recipe follows) or possibly whipped cream; optional
- Insert the metal knife blade into food processor. Process half the chocolate till small beads form, about 1 minute. Repeat. Return all chocolate to container and scrape down sides. Add in egg yolks. Process 10 seconds to mix. With machine running, pour warm melted butter and water through food chute within 15 seconds. Process 10 seconds longer, till chocolate is melted and smooth. Scrape down container sides. Add in creme de cacao and process 10 seconds longer to mix thoroughly.
- In a clean dry bowl, whip the 5 egg whites with a healthy pinch of cream of tartar to soft peaks, using whisk or possibly electric beaters. Continue whipping, adding powdered sugar gradually, till whites just form hard peaks. Fold chocolate mix thoroughly into egg whites.
- Rinse and dry processor container and blade. Place in freezer for 5 min. Process whipping cream till soft peaks form. Scrape down container sides. Continue processing to hard peaks. Add in cream to bowl with chocolate mix and fold thoroughly.
- Spoon mousse into serving bowls. Chill till thoroughly chilled, about 4 hrs, overnight, or possibly as long as 3 days in advance. Serve with Raspberry Sauce.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 575g|
|Calories from Fat 1647||80%|
|Total Fat 191.41g||239%|
|Saturated Fat 116.22g||465%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 115.07g||31%|
|Dietary Fiber 28.2g||94%|