A smooth rich chocolate, mascarpone crackled cheesecake in a crunchy, chocolate-lined shortbread crust. It's garnished with mascarpone and vino cotto (vincotto) whipped topping, drizzled with vino cotto and finished with grated dark chocolate.
- KeeblerÂ® Ready CrustÂ® shortbread pie crust
- 3/4 cup Hershey'sÂ® semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 containers (8 ounces each) Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- Vino Cotto di Montillo
- TOPPING (optional)
- 1 container (8 ounces each) Mascarpone cheese
- 4-6 tablespoons Vino Cotto di Montillo (to taste)
- 1 ounce Hershey'sÂ® Special Dark chocolate bar (roughly grated)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C).
- In a small saucepan, add chocolate chips. Over low heat, stir continuously until the chocolate is melted.
- Pour melted chocolate into the shortbread pie crust.
- Using the back of a spoon, glide the melted chocolate up the sides and over the bottom of the pie crust. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add two containers of mascarpone cheese, sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla extract. Beat to a smooth consistency.
- To the mixture, add the eggs and beat well.
- Pour the mixture over the chocolate-lined pie crust.
- Bake for 60-80 minutes or until a toothpick poked in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool at room temperature then refrigerate.
- Using a medium bowl for the topping, add the third container of mascarpone cheese and 4-6 tablespoons of vino cotto to taste. Beat well.
- Plate a slice of cheesecake and garnish it with the mascarpone and vino cotto topping (whipped cream can be substituted). Drizzle with vino cotto and sprinkle with grated dark chocolate. Serve.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 50g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 25||17%|
|Total Fat 2.78g||3%|
|Saturated Fat 1.03g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 25.25g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2%|