Cost per recipe $9.62 view details
- 3 large eggs, separated, plus 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 c. finely grated coconut
- 2 c. plus 1 T flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 c. thick lowfat sour cream
- 1/2 c. vegetable shortening
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 c. cocoa dissolved in 3/4 c. warm coffee
- 1 (6 ounce) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 2 T butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 c. sifted powdered sugar
- 1/4 c. evaporated lowfat milk
- 2 T pure vanilla extract
- Beat 1 egg white with 1 tsp of the vanilla till soft mounds form. Add in 1/2 cup of the sugar. Beat till stiff. Stir in coconut and 1 tbsp of the flour. Set aside.Beat remaining 3 egg whites till soft mounds form, then add in 1/2 cup of the sugar gradually, beating till meringue stands in stiff peaks. Set this mix aside also. Add in soda to lowfat sour cream and stir well. Cream together remaining 1 1/4 cups sugar and shortening. Add in the 3 egg yolks, salt, remaining tsp of vanilla and half of hot coffee- cocoa mix. Beat 4 min or possibly till light and creamy. Add in 2 cups of flour, lowfat sour cream and remaining hot coffee. Blend well. Mix in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Grease bottom of a 10 inch tube pan and turn 1/3 of the cake batter into it. Gently spoon half the coconut mix on top. Cover with half of remaining chocolate batter. Top with remaining coconut and then pour on the rest of the chocolate batter. Place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 55 to 60 min. Cool completely before removing from pan, then frost top and sides of cake.
- Heat chocolate. Put together all ingredients in mixing bowl and beat till frosting is of spreading consistency.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 1604g|
|Calories from Fat 2383||39%|
|Total Fat 275.79g||345%|
|Saturated Fat 129.56g||518%|
|Trans Fat 34.26g|
|Total Carbs 891.41g||238%|
|Dietary Fiber 50.5g||168%|