Cost per recipe $47.11 view details
- 1 c. All-purpose flour
- 1Â 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 3/4 c. Light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 c. White sugar
- 1/2 c. Salted butter, softened
- 1/4 c. Unsweetened cocoa pwdr
- 1/4 c. Boiling water
- 2 lrg Large eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 c. Buttermilk
- 1/4 c. White sugar
- 14 ounce Cream cheese, at room temp
- 1 lrg Egg
- 1 lb White chocolate
- 2Â 1/2 tsp Unflavoured gelatin
- 2 Tbsp. Cool water
- 1 c. Whippnig cream
- 3 Tbsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 4 c. Unsalted Macadamia nuts, (24 ounce)
- 1/4 c. Cocoa pwdr
- 1/4 c. Confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 c. Whipping cream, (optional)
- 1 ounce Dark or possibly white chocolate, (optional)
- To make the Cake:Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour an 8- or possibly 9- inch springform pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Miz well with a wire whisk and set aside.
- In large bowl combine sugars with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Add in butter and beat to create a grainy paste.
- In small bowl combine cocoa pwdr and boiling water, and stir till smooth. Add in cocoa mix, Large eggs and vanilla to butter and sugar; blend well to create a smooth batter., Alternately add in the flour mix and the buttermilk to the batter. Blend at low speed just till combined.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake 25-35 min or possibly till a knige inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean. Leaving the cake in the pan, cold to room temperature, then chill to make slicing easier.
- To prepare the filling:In medium bowl with an electric mixer and clean beaters, beat the sugar and cream cheese till well blended. Add in egg and beat till light and fluffy.
- Next heat white chocolate in a double boiler. While chocolate is melting, in a small metal bowl sprinkle gelatin over the cool water.
- Let gelatin bloom for 5 min, then dissolve it over a double boiler till clear and smooth.
- Gradually add in dissolved gelating to the cream cheese-sugar mix, beating continuously at medium speed till smooth. (If you beat it too fast, the gelatin will stick to the sides of the bowl.)
- Add in whipped cream to the mix and blend till smooth. With a rubber spatula, fold the white chocolate and vanilla into the cake batter thoroughly.
- To assemble cake and filling:Remove sides of springform pan. Cut cake into 2 layers and set the top layer aside. Replace sides of the springform pan, leaving bottom layer of cake in pan.
- Pour filling over bottom cake layer. Carefully place the other cake layer on top of the filling. Chill for several hrs.
- When filling is hard, remove sides of pan and pleace the cake on a platter. Coat the sides of the cake with macadamia nuts. Dust the top if you like, add in rosettes of whipped cream, chocolate shavings and more macadamia nuts. Chill till ready to serve. Beat lowfat milk with lemon juice till thick. Mix in strawberries and whipped cream.
- Divide among crepes; fold. Garnish with additional whipped cream and a strawberry centered on the cream.
- Yields 6 servings. Soak gelatinin lowfat milk, in custard c.. Set c. in boiling water; stir till gelatin is completely dissolved. Combine yogurt, sugar, and salt. Stir in gelatin mix. Stir in berries and lemon juice. Refrigeratetill slightly thickened; beat till foamy. Mix in whipped cream. Pour mix in metal ice-cube tray. Cover with foil; freeze.
- NOTE: I havealso made this with approx 1/2 of 1 pint of fresh strawberries, well crushed. I then froze it in a Donvier ice cream maker. Delicious!*
- hulled, cleaned, and halved
- continued in part 2
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 2355g|
|Calories from Fat 4815||54%|
|Total Fat 553.08g||691%|
|Saturated Fat 269.7g||1079%|
|Trans Fat 0.03g|
|Total Carbs 893.67g||238%|
|Dietary Fiber 26.8g||89%|