Cost per serving $0.53 view details
- 2 x Large eggs separated
- 1Â 1/2 c. lowfat milk
- 1 c. flour
- 1 Tbsp. Nestle Toll House baking cocoa
- 2 tsp baking pwdr
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter melted, and
- Â Â cooled slightly
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
- Beat egg whites in a small mixing bowl till soft peaks form; don't overbeat.
- Combine yolks, lowfat milk, flour, cocoa, baking pwdr, butter and vanilla in a large bowl; mix till smooth. Gently mix in 1/3 of the egg whites. When combined, mix in remaining egg whites.
- Lightly coat waffle iron with vegetable cooking spray (if not a nonstick surface). Cook waffles according to manufacturer's directions. Waffles should be lightly browned and thoroughly cooked.
- Serve immediately, topped with chocolate chips, whipped cream and additional cocoa, if you like.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Description: "A tempting breakfast treat or possibly serve as a dessert for which special someone."
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 181g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 242||60%|
|Total Fat 27.48g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 16.2g||65%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 30.35g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|