Cost per serving $0.07 view details
- 1/2 c. Cocoa pwdr, packed
- 1Â 1/4 c. Cool water
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Â Â Sugar substitute to equal 1/2 c. sugar
- 2Â 1/2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- Mix cocoa, water, and salt in a heavy saucepan till smooth. Bring to a boil, and simmer gently, stirring constantly for 3 min.
- Remove from heat; let cold 10 min. Add in sweetener and vanilla and mix well. Pour into a jar, cover, and store in refrigerator. Stir in jar before measuring to use.
- Makes 1 1/4 c. syrup - 20-1 Tbsp. servings.
- count as 1 vegetable or possibly 1/2 fruit exchange. Low sodium diets, omit salt.
- Warm COCOA: 1-2 Tbsp. per 1 c. skim lowfat milk. Heat in double boiler over Warm, not boiling water. Exchanges for 1 Tbsp. syrup = 1 skim lowfat milk
- ICED MOCHA Lowfat milk DRINK: Into blender jar put 1 c. cool skim lowfat milk, 1 teaspoon instant coffee pwdr, 1 Tbsp. syrup. Cover and blend on low for 30 seconds. Exchanges - 1 skim lowfat milk
- DOUBLE CHOCOLATE SODA: 2-3 ice cubes cracked into small pcs, 2 Tbs. syrup, 6-8 ounce. chilled club soda. Place ice in tall glass.
- Measure syrup on top of ice. Add in club soda, slowly, stir vigorously with long handled spoon to blend. Serve at once. Exchanges - One serving may be considered FREE
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 17g|
|Recipe makes 20 servings|
|Calories from Fat 2||20%|
|Total Fat 0.2g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.0g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 1.31g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1%|