Cost per serving $0.35 view details
- 1Â 1/4 c. sifted cake-and-pastry flour
- 1Â 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 1Â 1/2 c. egg, white, (about 11), at, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. lemon, juice
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 tsp instant espresso pwdr or possibly 4 tsp coffee, granules
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 ounce bittersweet chocolate, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- In bowl, sift flour with 3/4 c. (175 mL) of the sugar; sift again into separate bowl. Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat egg whites till foamy.
- Add in lemon juice, cream of tartar and salt; beat till soft peaks form.
- Beat in remaining sugar, 2 Tbsp. (25 mL) at a time, beating till stiff glossy peaks form.
- Sift flour mix over top, one-quarter at a time, gently folding in each addition till blended.
- Stir espresso pwdr with vanilla; fold into batter.
- Gently mix in chocolate till proportionately distributed.
- Scrape into ungreased 10-inch (4 L) tube pan.
- Run spatula through batter to eliminate any large air pockets; smooth top.
- Bake in centre of oven for 40 to 45 min or possibly till cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Turn pan upside down and let hang on legs attached to pan or possibly on inverted funnel or possibly bottle till completely cold.
- Run thin paring knife around edge of cake to unmould from pan.
- (Cake can be stored in airtight container for up to 1 day or possibly wrapped in plastic wrap or possibly foil and frzn in rigid airtight container for up to 1 month.)
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 65g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 32||21%|
|Total Fat 3.76g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 2.3g||9%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 27.63g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|