A cross between chocolate soufflés and moist brownies lures me in every time.
Injections of sea salt and Dulce de Leche centers just gave them a deserved ooh la la.
For a dedicated post...refer here:
- . > (American / Metric measures)<
- . 12 Tbsps. (180ml) Dulce de Leche
- . pinch of sea salt
- . 4 oz. (115g) bitter-sweet (65-70%) Chocolate
- . 1/4 cup (125ml) unsalted butter
- . 1 cup (90g) confectioners' sugar
- . 1 tsp. (5ml) pure vanilla extract
- . 3 large eggs
- . 6 Tbsps. (50g) all-purpose flour
- . optional topping: confectioners' sugar
- . > Dulce de Leche interiors: (prepare ahead of time for a minimum of 2 hours). Harden six small scoops (2 Tbsps. each) of Dulce de Leche into the freezer. Place them onto a parchment or wax paper lined small platter.
- . > Cakes: Pre-heat the oven to 425F/220C/Gas5.5. Position the rack in the center of the oven. Grease and lightly dust the ramekins with flour. Place them on a baking sheet and set aside.
- . Prepare to use a stainless steel or glass bowl that fits snugly onto a small-medium saucepan. Over a lightly simmering water, place the butter and chocolate together into the bowl. Stir it once and a while until it's fully melted.
- . Remove the bowl from the heat and whisk in the confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Continue whisking while adding one egg at the time and blend well. Lastly, gradually whisk in the flour.
- . Pour half the chocolate batter evenly throughout the 6 ramekins. Add the semi-frozen Dulce de Leche balls in each center. Sprinkle a tiny pinch of sea salt on each. Afterwards, cover the tops with the remaining batter.
- . Bake them for about 12 minutes or until sides are firm but centers are still soft. Let them stand for 2 minutes before carefully running a small knife around edges of cakes to loosen them. Invert cakes onto dessert plates and remove the cups.
- Optional: Decorate with some more confectioners' sugar. (I used a small stencil). Remember, this dessert has to be served warm. Enjoy
- . Make Ahead: You can prepare these ahead of time (up to 3 days) and bake them later. Cover each ramekin with plastic wrap and place them into the refrigerator. Leave them out for about 30 minutes before baking them. If taking them out from the freezer, they should be thawed lightly first in the refrigerator. Bake as directed.
- . Happy Chocolate baking with Claudia's FOODESSA.com