Cost per serving $0.34 view details
- 2Â 2/3 c. all-purpose flour
- 2Â 1/4 c. sugar
- 1Â 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking pwdr
- 1Â 1/3 c. lowfat milk
- 1 x (8-oz) carton dairy lowfat sour cream
- 5 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/3 c. butter, softened
- 3 x Large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 x recipe Cookie Filling
- 1 x recipe Chocolate-Lowfat sour cream Frosting
- 4 x chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed
- Grease and lightly flour two 8 x 1 1/2 inch or possibly 9 x 1 1/2 inch round cake pans. Set pans aside. In an extra-large mixing bowl combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and baking pwdr. Add in lowfat milk, lowfat sour cream, melted chocolate, butter, Large eggs, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed about 1 minute or possibly till mix is combined. Beat on high speed 3 min, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Place half of the batter in a medium bowl; cover and chill. Divide remaining half of batter proportionately between the prepared pans. Bake in a 350 degree F. oven for 20 to 25 min for 9 inch layers and 25 to 30 min for 8 inch layers or possibly till a wooden toothpick inserted near centers comes out clean.
- Cold cakes in pans on wire racks for 10 min. Remove cakes from pans. Cold layers thoroughly on wire racks. Wash the 2 cake pans. Grease and lightly flour pans. Divide reserved, chilled batter proportionately between pans. Bake and cold as directed above. Pre-pare Cookie Filling, reserving the 3/4 c. filling (without crumbs) for the cake garnish.
- To assemble the cake, put a cake layer on a serving plate and top with one-third of the remaining cookie filling, spreading filling proportionately over layer. Add in a second layer of cake and spread with another one-third portion of the cookie filling. Add in another cake layer and spread with remaining cookie filling. Top with remaining cake layer.
- Prepare the Chocolate-Lowfat sour cream Frosting. Spread top and sides of cake with frosting. Stir reserved Cookie Filling and sufficient lowfat milk (about 2 to 3 tsp.) to make it a drizzling consistency. Spoon onto center top of cake. Carefully spread filling to force some down sides of cake. Garnish top of cake with the 4 crushed chocolate sandwich cookies. Cover and refrigerateto store.
- Makes 16 servings.
- Cookie Filling: In large mixing bowl combine 4 c. sifted powdered sugar; 1/3 c. butter, softened; 2 Tbsp. lowfat milk; and 1 tsp. vanilla. Beat with electric mixer on low speed till combined; beat on medium speed till very smooth. Beat in sufficient additional lowfat milk (1 to 2 Tbsp.) till frosting is easy to spread. Set aside 3/4 c. of mix.
- Crush 10 chocolate sandwich cookies; stir into remaining mix.
- Chocolate-Lowfat sour cream Frosting: In a saucepan heat one 6-oz package (1 c.) semisweet chocolate pcs and 1/4 c. butter over low heat, stirring frequently. Cold about 5 min. Stir in 1/2 c. dairy lowfat sour cream. Gradually add in 2 1/2 c. sifted powdered sugar, beating till smooth and easy to spread.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 94g|
|Recipe makes 16 servings|
|Calories from Fat 86||30%|
|Total Fat 10.03g||13%|
|Saturated Fat 5.82g||23%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 48.42g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|