Cost per serving $1.94 view details
- 1 c. All-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. Unsweetened cocoa pwdr, sifted
- 3 Tbsp. Granulated sugar
- 1 pch salt
- 4 Tbsp. Cool unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 lrg Egg
- 2Â 1/2 c. Lowfat milk
- 1/3 c. Granulated sugar
- 1/4 c. Cornstarch
- 1 pch Salt
- 3 lrg Large eggs
- 4 ounce Semisweet or possibly bittersweet chocolate, finely minced
- 4 Tbsp. Unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. Coconut, toasted
- 1 lrg Banana, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 c. Heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp. Granulated sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Â Â Grated semisweet or possibly bittersweet chocolate
- How to Prepare the Crust:1. Combine the flour, cocoa, sugar, and salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse 3 times.
- 2. Add in the pcs of butter, and pulse till the mix resembles coarse grnd cornmeal. Add in the egg and pulse till the dough forms a ball. (If the mix is too dry, add in water, 1 tsp. at a time, and continue pulsing till the dough comes together.)
- 3. Scrape the dough onto a lightly-floured work surface and knead lightly till the dough is smooth. Press into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for at least 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- 4. Remove dough from refrigerator, place on a lightly floured surface
- (lb. gently with a rolling pin if too hard). Roll the dough out to 1/8-inch thickness. Place in a 9-inch glass pie plate, flute the edges, and chill for 20 min.
- 5. Dock the dough with the tines of a fork. Line with a disk of parchment paper, and fill with beans or possibly pie weights. Bake for 20 min, remove the paper and beans, and continue baking till golden, about 10-15 additional min. Cold the crust on a rack.
- How to Prepare the Filling:1. Combine 2 c. lowfat milk, sugar, and salt in a non-reactive saucepan; whisk and bring to a boil over low heat. Combine the remaining 1/2 c. of lowfat milk in a mixing bowl, whisk in the cornstarch, then the Large eggs.
- 2. Whisk 1/3 of the warm lowfat milk/sugar mix into the egg mix, add in the egg mix into the remaining lowfat milk mix, and whisk constantly till the filling thickens and comes to a boil.
- 3. Allow the mix to boil for another 30 seconds, whisking constantly. Remove from the heat, whisk in the chocolate, butter, and vanilla, and mix in the toasted coconut.
- 4. Pour the filling into a non-reactive bowl, and press plastic wrap against the surface of the filling. Place in the refrigerator for about30 min.
- 5. Arrange the bananas around the bottom of the pie crust. Spread the cooled filling proportionately over the bananas.
- How to Prepare the Topping:6. Using an electric mixer, combine the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl.
- 7. Whip to soft peaks. Spread the cream over the filling and out to the edges.
- 8. Sprinkle with grated chocolate and serve.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 393g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 501||55%|
|Total Fat 57.72g||72%|
|Saturated Fat 34.78g||139%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 88.52g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 7.2g||24%|