Cost per serving $1.08 view details
- 1 Tbsp. Unsalted butter
- 8 Tbsp. Granulated sugar
- 6 ounce Semisweet chocolate, broken into 1/2-oz pcs
- 2 ounce Unsweetened chocolate, broken into 1/2-oz pcs
- 4 lrg Egg yolks
- 1/4 c. Heavy cream
- 8 lrg Egg whites
- 3 x Deep Dark Chocolate Fudge Cookies, minced into 1/2-inch pcs
- 1/2 c. Semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees .
- Lightly coat the inside of each souffle c. with the butter. Sprinkle the inside of each c. with 1 1/2 tsp. granulated sugar. Set aside till needed. Heat 1-inch of water in the bottom half of a double boiler over medium heat. Place the semisweet and unsweetened chocolate in the top half of the double boiler. Tightly cover the top with plastic wrap. Heat for 6 to 8 min. Remove from the heat and stir till smooth. Transfer the chocolate to a large stainless steel bowl. Use a whisk to stir in the egg yolks and heavy cream till thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Place the egg whites on the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a balloon whip. Whisk on high till soft peaks form, about 1 minute. Add in the remaining sugar and continue to whisk on high till stiff peaks form, about 45 to 50 seconds. Remove the bowl from the mixer. Use a rubber spatula to fold about 1/4 of the whipped egg whites into the melted chocolate mix, then mix in the remaining egg whites. Proportionately divide the souffle mix into the prepared souffle c. (about 4 heaping Tbsp.), filling them to 1/2-inch below the rim of the c.. Proportionately divide and sprinkle the cookie pcs and chocolate chips over the tops of the souffle mix.
- Place the souffles on the center shelf of the preheated oven. Bake till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 22 to 26 min.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 131g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 264||63%|
|Total Fat 30.78g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 18.27g||73%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 37.26g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.8g||23%|