Cost per serving $0.07 view details
- 1Â 1/4 c. Margarine (1-1/2 sticks), softened
- 3/4 c. Packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. Sugar
- 1 x Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1Â 1/2 c. Unsifted flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 c. Quick or possibly old-fashioned oats
- 2 c. Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. M&M Mini Baking Bits * - see note
- This variation works for a Jewish celebration where you want to give the cookies a "Jewish" flair with the blue color.
- Chips Makes 6 dozen 2" cookies
- * Note: I separated out all the blue, orange and brown M&Ms and used those.
- This would be great fun for small children! (Both the M&M Baking Bits and Ghirardelli chips are OU-D.)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Cream margarine with sugars till light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir flour with baking soda, salt and cinnamon; add in to cream mix, mixing well. Stir in oats. Mix in chocolate chips and M&Ms.
- Drop by rounded Tbsp. onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-9 min for a chewy cookie, 10-12 min for a crisp cookie. Cold 1 minute on cookie sheet, then transfer to wire cooling racks. Store in tightly covered container or possibly freeze.
- Makes about 6 dozen 2-inch cookies.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 14g|
|Recipe makes 72 servings|
|Calories from Fat 45||63%|
|Total Fat 5.19g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1.81g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.59g|
|Total Carbs 6.79g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||2%|