These muffins are chock full of chocolate chips! If you'd rather have a little less chocolate, you can always cut the amount of chips down to your desire.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 very ripe bananas, peeled and mashed
- 1 stick margarine, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 1/2 cup Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Beat together margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and mix until blended. Then add vanilla, and mix more. Add sour cream, bananas and mix. Usually, you don't want to over beat a batter, but I have a tendency to do that with this particular recipe because it really blends the bananas into the batter.
- Once everything is well blended, slowly add the flour mixture to the batter, pushing down the sides of the bowl frequently. Add chocolate chips and mix, but only until they are distributed evenly.
- Spray two 12-muffin pans with Pam for Baking and generously scoop batter into the pans.
- Bake in oven side-by-side for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Stick a toothpick through the center of the muffin -- if it comes clean, it's cooked. Let cool in a rack for at least 10 minutes.
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 62g|
|Recipe makes 24 servings|
|Calories from Fat 68||34%|
|Total Fat 7.64g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1.79g||7%|
|Trans Fat 0.7g|
|Total Carbs 30.65g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4%|