Cost per serving $1.58 view details
- 1 c. whipping cream
- 12 ounce bittersweet (not unsweetened) or possibly
- Â Â semisweet chocolate finely minced
- 30 x chocolate wafer cookies - (abt 7 ounce) broken into pcs
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter cut 1/2" cubes
- 3/4 lb fresh Bing cherries pitted, and
- Â Â coarsely minced
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. brandy (optional)
- 1/8 tsp almond extract
- 1 quart purchased vanilla ice cream slightly softened
- 1/2 c. miniature semisweet chocolate chips (abt 3 ounce)
- For Sauce: Bring whipping cream to simmer in heavy medium saucepan; remove from heat. Add in minced chocolate; whisk till smooth.
- For Crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grind cookies in processor till coarse crumbs form. Add in butter and blend till crumbs cling together and are proportionately moistened. Press crumb mix over bottom and up sides of 9-inch-diameter glass pie dish. Bake crust till slightly puffed and darker, about 10 min. Cold crust on rack.
- For Filling: Combine cherries, sugar and brandy, if you like, in heavy medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat till sugar dissolves and mix comes to boil. Reduce heat; simmer till thick syrup forms, stirring often, about 10 min. Remove from heat. Fold in almond extract. Cold to room temperature.
- Place ice cream in large bowl. Mix in cherry mix and chocolate chips. Pack ice cream mix into prepared crust. Cover pie and freeze. (Sauce and pie can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and chill sauce. Keep pie frzn.)
- Rewarm sauce over low heat. Cut pie into wedges; serve with sauce.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 104g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 169||52%|
|Total Fat 19.14g||24%|
|Saturated Fat 10.93g||44%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 35.47g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||6%|