Cost per serving $2.73 view details
- Â Â Bread Pudding
- 6 ounce Semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. Whipping cream
- 2/3 c. Brown sugar, firmly packed
- 5 x Large eggs, separated
- 1/2 c. Butter or possibly margarine, cut into pcs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 4 c. Soft bread cubes
- Â Â Cherry Raspberry Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 4 tsp Cornstarch
- 16 ounce Pitted dark sweet cherries, liquid removed, reserve liquid
- 10 ounce Frzn raspberries, thawed and liquid removed, reserve liquid
- Heat oven to 350F. Grease 12 X 8-inch (2 qt) baking dish. In large saucepan, combine chocolate chips and whipping cream. Heat over medium-low heat till chips are melted, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/3 c. of the brown sugar. Add in egg yolks 1 at a time, blending well after each addition. Continue cooking till slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Add in margarine and vanilla; stir till smooth.
- Remove fromheat; stir in bread cubes.
- In large bow, beat egg whites at medium speed till soft peaks form.
- Gradually add in remaining 1/3 c. brown sugar, beating at high speed till stiff peaks form. Fold egg white mix into chocolate mix. Pour into greased baking dish. Place baking dish in 13 X 9-inch or possibly larger pan. Pour boiling to 40 min or possibly till centre is set.
- In medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in reserved liquids from fruits. Cook over medium-high heat till mix bowls and thickens, stirring constantly. Cold slightly; stir in fruit.
- Serve over hot bread pudding. Store any remaining bread pudding and sauce in refrigerator.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 247g|
|Recipe makes 10 servings|
|Calories from Fat 241||38%|
|Total Fat 27.08g||34%|
|Saturated Fat 14.03g||56%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 83.73g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.4g||18%|