Cost per recipe $1.09 view details
- 8-10 large, ripe Romas, cored, roasted and blackened, or 2 cans fire roasted tomatoes (14.5 oz.), drained
- 1-2 jalapenos, blackened and seeded
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbs. oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar or fresh lime juice
- 1-2 tbs. chipotle salsa (La Costena or San Marcos), or chipotle en aadobo *
- pinch sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbs. cilantro leaves
- optional: green parts of a few scallions
- If you cannot find canned "chipotle salsa," use the adobo from a small can of chipotle peppers in adobo. If this is not available, contact me for a hard to find ingredient swap.
- On a grill, or under the broiler, cook the Romas and jalapenos until their skins blacken in some places.
- Put them in a bowl with cover, or plastic bag for 15 minutes.
- Put oil in a skillet over a medium high heat and and cook onion until translucent, then add garlic for 30 seconds.
- Let everything cool, then add everything to a food processor and pulse to desired consistency.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 198g|
|Calories from Fat 122||65%|
|Total Fat 13.84g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 1.06g||4%|
|Trans Fat 0.35g|
|Total Carbs 13.25g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||9%|