Cost per serving $0.61 view details
- 1 x boneless pork loin roast - (abt 2 1/2 lbs)
- 1 Tbsp. pureed chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 2 tsp grnd cumin
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 6 x Kaiser rolls - (to 8)
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 2 lrg halved onions thinly sliced
- 2 lrg pitted dark-skin plums sliced
- 1/3 c. ketchup
- 1/3 c. dark brown sugar packed
- 2 Tbsp. pureed chipotle chiles in adobo sauce (to 3)
- 3/4 tsp coarse salt
- Â Â Pan juices reserved from roast pork
- Line a shallow roasting pan with foil, extending a few inches beyond the edge of the pan. Place the roast in the pan. Combine the pureed chipotle, sugar, oil, cumin, salt and vinegar. Brush the mix over the surface of the pork. Let rest at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Roast the pork uncovered for 1 hour. After 1 hour, pull the foil lining around the roast to prevent it from drying out. It's OK if it's not airtight. Roast till an instant read thermometer inserted in the center of the pork registers about 180 degrees, about 15 min. Pour off the pan juices in the foil into a small bowl; skim and reserve them for the ketchup. Cold the pork, still wrapped in foil, on a rack. When cold, chill overnight or possibly as long as 2 days.
- For the Plum And Onion Ketchup: Heat the oil in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. When warm, add in the onions and plums. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, till the plums disintegrate, about 10 min. Add in the ketchup, brown sugar, pureed chipotles, salt and reserved pan juices from the roast pork. Stir well. Bring to simmer; cook, uncovered, till warm, about 5 min. Taste and adjust seasoning and chipotle puree. (This can be made several days ahead and refrigerated. To serve, gently reheat on the stovetop or possibly in the microwave oven.)
- To serve, cut the pork into thin slices, stack, wrap in foil and hot in a 250 degree oven for 18 to 20 min. Wrap the rolls in foil and hot them in the oven with the pork. Smear the insides of the hot buns with about 1/3 c. hot Plum and Onion Ketchup for each, add in sliced pork, cut the sandwich in half, place on a platter and serve. Serve with coleslaw, a selection of cheeses, a bowl of fresh fruit and chocolate chip cookies.
- This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 133g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 52||21%|
|Total Fat 5.91g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 0.7g||3%|
|Trans Fat 0.09g|
|Total Carbs 42.51g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||6%|