This is based on the same-titled recipe on Fat Free Vegan.com. I used heaping tablespoons of chipotle peppers, white onion, and a mixture of fresh and bottled lime juice. This dip is FANtastic. The smokiness of the peppers fools your taste buds. The mouthfeel is there--that umami everyone's looking for--without cheese or meat. You could add stock to this and turn it into a cream soup. It's super versatile. SO good.
- 1 large clove of Garlic
- 15 oz. canned Chickpeas including liquid
- 2 Tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 heaping Tablespoon of canned chipotle peppers with sauce
- 1 Tablespoon onion of your choosing, chopped fine
- 1 Tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley (optional)
- With the blender going, drop in the garlic and process until chopped.
- Add the chickpeas with liquid and lime juice.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until it's dip consistency.
- Taste and season to your liking.
- Serve with chips, veggies, or as a sauce.
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 51g|
|Calories from Fat 3||10%|
|Total Fat 0.35g||0%|
|Saturated Fat 0.05g||0%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 7.16g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||4%|