Cost per serving $1.63 view details
- 4 x -(up to)
- 5 ounce Cellophane noodles (made from bean or possibly yam curd not rice)
- 1/2 lb Chinese pea pods, strings removed
- 1/2 c. Rice vineger
- 3 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 1Â 1/2 Tbsp. Chopped fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Dry mustard, mixed till smooth with:
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- 1 Tbsp. Asian sesame oil
- 2Â 1/2 x -(up to)
- 3 c. Boned and skinned cooked chicken
- 1 Tbsp. Salad oil
- 2 x Cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 c. Thinly slivered red onion
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 2 lrg Red or possibly yellow bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, diced
- 6 c. Tender salad greens, about, rinsed and crisped
- 1/2 c. Finely minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a 4-6 quart pan, bring about 2 quarts water to boiling. Add in noodles and return to boiling,stirring once. Remove and let stand till tender to bite, 10-15 minutes.. Pour into colander and, with scissors,snip noodles to make shorter strands. Drain at least 10 minutes.
- 2. In the same pan, bring 6 c. water to boiling on high heat. Add in peas and cook just till bright green, about 1 minutes. Drain, and at once immerse into ice cool water till cool: drain.
- 3. Mix rice vinegar,soy,ginger,sugar,mustard mix, and sesame seed oil.
- set aside.
- 4. Tear chicken into thin strips, discarding any fat. set aside.
- 5. Pour 1 Tbsp oil into wok or possibly 12-in. fry pan over high heat. Add in garlic and stir-fry till pale gold,about 1 minutes. Add in onion,lemon juice,and 2 Tbsp water. Stir-fry till liquid evaporates and onion is limp, about 3 minutes.; scoop from pan with slotted spoon; add in to chicken.
- 6. To pan, add in peppers and 2 Tbsp water; stir-fry over high heat just till peppers are barely limp, about 2 minutes. With slotted spoon, scoop peppers into a small bowl. If making ahead, refrigerateonion,chichen, and peppers up to 4 hours.
- 7. Shake noodles in colander to remove last drops of water,then pour into a bowl and mix with about 1/3 of the dressing.
- 8. Mix salad greens with all but 1 Tbsp of minced cilantro and arrange on a large platter. Mound noodles on greens. Arrange chicken mix,peas,and peppers on and around noodles. Top with remaining dressing and sprinkle with remaining minced cilantro. Mix well. Garnish with cilantro THOSE Warm DAYS Which ARE FAR AND FEW RIGHT NOW)
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 211g|
|Recipe makes 12 servings|
|Calories from Fat 553||80%|
|Total Fat 61.46g||77%|
|Saturated Fat 9.42g||38%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 23.34g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3%|