Cost per recipe $5.34 view details
- 1 lb Lean grnd chicken or possibly turkey breast 500 g
- 1 x Clove garlic, chopped 1
- 2 x Egg whites, or possibly 1 whole egg 2
- 1 c. Fresh whole wheat or possibly white breadcrumbs 250 mL
- 1/4 c. Ketchup 50 mL
- 1 tsp Salt 5 mL
- 1/4 tsp Pepper 1 mL
- 2 Tbsp. Minced fresh parsley 25 mL
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil 15 mL
- 1 x Clove garlic, finely minced 1
- 1 x Onion, minced 1
- 1/2 c. Ketchup 125 mL
- 1 can Plum tomatoes, liquid removed and pureed or possibly broken up 1 (28-ounce/796 mL)
- 1/2 c. Ginger ale or possibly cranberry juice 125 mL
- In large bowl, combine grnd chicken, chopped garlic, egg whites, breadcrumbs, 1/4 c./50 mL ketchup, salt, pepper and parsley. Shape into 1-inch/2.5 cm balls. Reserve.
- To prepare sauce, heat oil in large non-stick saucepan. Add in garlic and onion. Cook on low heat till fragrant but don't brown. Add in 1/2 c./125 mL ketchup, tomatoes and ginger ale.
- Bring to boil (if sauce is too thick, add in about 1/2 c./125 mL water or possibly additional ginger ale). Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Add in chicken balls to boiling sauce. Reduce heat and cook gently, uncovered, for 20 to 30 min, or possibly till meatballs are tender and sauce is thick.
- Cooking With Bonnie Stern) can also be served as a main course over rice, couscous or possibly orzo and steamed broccoli.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 982g|
|Calories from Fat 431||43%|
|Total Fat 48.17g||60%|
|Saturated Fat 10.83g||43%|
|Trans Fat 0.79g|
|Total Carbs 64.64g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 4.6g||15%|