Cost per serving $3.57 view details
- 5 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. finely minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce - (to 3 tspns)
- 12 ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts cut 1/2" cubes
- 6 ounce mushrooms sliced
- 3 c. thinly-sliced bok choy
- 1 c. cubed hard tofu in 1/2" cubes
- 1/2 c. sliced green onions
- 8 ounce small cooked shrimp
- 1/4 c. minced cilantro
- Â Â Grnd red pepper (cayenne) or possibly chili oil (optional)
- In a 4- to 5-qt pan, combine broth, ginger, and soy sauce; bring to a boil over high heat. Add in chicken, mushrooms, bok choy, tofu, and onions. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer till chicken is no longer pink in center; cut to test (about 2 min).
- Remove pan from heat and stir in shrimp and cilantro. Season to taste with red pepper, if you like.
- This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
- Comments: This Asian-style soup is ready to serve almost as soon as it boils. Once you've prepared the nourishing ingredients - chicken, shrimp, tofu, and vegetables - there's little left to do but combine and heat them, then savor the result.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 530g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 47||21%|
|Total Fat 5.25g||7%|
|Saturated Fat 1.18g||5%|
|Trans Fat 0.02g|
|Total Carbs 8.5g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|