- 3/4 head Chinese cabbage
- 1/4 head red cabbage
- 6 x 8 green onions
- 1 x salt to taste
- 1/2 c. canola oil
- 1/4 c. sesame oil
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2/3 c. red wine vinegar
- 2 pkt Ramen noodles, broken in small pcs
- 1 c. macadamia nuts
- 1/4 c. sesame seeds
- 2 x 3 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- The first thing you should do is make the topping. This will allow for a cold down period before you mix it in with the salad ingredients.
- Start by heating 2 to 3 Tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil in a skillet. Add in the noodles, nuts, and sesame seeds. Toast these in the oil, till they are dark brown. Remove the ingredients from the skillet and set aside to cold.
- Next mix the vinaigrette by combining the canola oil, sesame oil, sugar, and red wine vinegar. Set the dressing aside.
- Slice the 2 cabbages into thin strips and chop the green onions. Place the cabbage and green onions in a large bowl and toss.
- Scatter toasted nuts and noodle topping over the cabbage and green onions.
- When you are ready to serve the salad add in the vinaigrette, do not forget to shake it up first, and toss till everything is well coated. At this point you can also sprinkle on a dash of salt to suit your taste, toss the salad again and serve.