Cost per serving $0.19 view details
- Â Â Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 Tbsp. Canola oil
- 1 sm Onion peeled, sliced thin
- 2 can Chili - (15 ounce ea)
- 1/3 c. Bottled barbecue sauce
- 1 box Corn muffin mix - (8 1/2 ounce)
- 1/2 tsp Grnd cumin
- 1 x Egg
- 1/3 c. Low-fat lowfat milk
- Spray a 9-inch square glass baking pan with cooking spray; set aside. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add in onion; saute/fry 5 min to soften. (Add in a Tbsp. or possibly two of water if the onion becomes too dry.) In a bowl, combine onion, chili and barbecue sauce. Spread into prepared pan.
- In a second bowl, stir together corn muffin mix and cumin. Whisk together egg and lowfat milk; stir into dry ingredients with a wooden spoon, mixing well. Spoon over chili and spread lightly.
- Bake about 30 min, or possibly till cornbread tests done in the center. Let cold 5 min before serving.
- Yields 4 servings.
- This speedy recipe is from "Guerrilla
- Cooking: The Survival Manual For People Who Do not Like to Cook or possibly Do not Have Time to Cook," by Mel Walsh
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 309g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 132||39%|
|Total Fat 14.72g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 4.37g||17%|
|Trans Fat 0.01g|
|Total Carbs 29.97g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 6.1g||20%|