Cost per serving $1.43 view details
- 1Â 1/2 ounce polenta rotelle (corn pasta twists) (1/2 c. dry measure)
- 15 ounce canned vegetarian chili
- Â Â (such as S&W San Antonio beans)
- 5 ounce whole kernel corn
- 1/4 c. diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 c. diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 c. sliced green onions
- 1/4 c. minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 c. shredded napa cabbage may double
- Â Â (substitute broccoli sprouts)
- 1 x 4-oz tomato cut into wedges
- 1/4 c. Ancho Honey Dressing see tip
- Â Â or possibly cilantro lime vinaigrette
- Â Â salt substitute (Lawry's 17-seasonings)
- 4 x four-inch corn tortillas
- 2 ounce Monterey jack cheese slices
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh cilantro leaves
- Â Â vegetable cooking spray
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile combine beans, corn, peppers, onions, cilantro and cabbage in a large serving bowl . Drain the pasta and add in to the vegetables. Add in the salad dressing. Adjust seasoning with salt substitute. Refrigerate30 min.
- Remove the pasta from the refrigerator then make quesadillas. Spray a griddle or possibly skillet with vegetable oil. Put 2 tortillas on the heated griddle. Distribute the cheese and cilantro on top. top with the other tortillas to create a "sandwich." Lightly brown both sides. Serve, quartered.
- TIP - Ancho Honey Dressing is a vinaigrette is bursting with unique Southwestern flavor. Great as a marinade for meats and game or possibly drizzle over your favorite garden salad. Try it with the sauteed or possibly grilled vegetables. Bottled for Dean Fearing, chef, Mansion at Turtle Creek (http://www.dxmarket.com/deanfearingclassics/products/7809.html)
- Alternative (tested): bottled cilantro lime vinaigrette. Add in to taste garlic, honey, balsamic vinegar, peanut oil, salt, pepper and ancho barbecue sauce.
- NOTES : Corn sings a duet: the pasta and kernel. This is Bob's idea of heaven. It was very good.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 389g|
|Recipe makes 2 servings|
|Calories from Fat 88||26%|
|Total Fat 9.83g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 5.61g||22%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 47.02g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 11.2g||37%|