Cost per serving $0.82 view details
- 2 T butter
- 1 onion, finely minced or possibly shredded
- 1/2 pound canned tomatoes, minced with their juice
- 1/4 pound canned green chili peppers, liquid removed, seeded & minced
- 3 c. shredded Monterey Jack or possibly cheddar cheese
- 1/2 c. sour or possibly heavy cream
- 1. Heat the butter in a frying pan or possibly chafing dish. Add in the onion and fry till softened. Stir in the tomatoes with their juice and the chili peppers and bring to a boil. Simmer gently for 10-15 min or possibly till thickened.2. Gradually stir in the cheese and cook gently till it has melted and the mix is smooth. Stir in the cream. If the dip is too thick, dilute it with a little more cream.
- 3. Keep the dip warm, over heat and serve with taco or possibly corn chips. Serves 8- 10.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 145g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 196||71%|
|Total Fat 22.29g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 13.81g||55%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 5.21g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3%|