Cost per serving $0.37 view details
- 3-4 cups left-over chili or canned
- optional: pinto beans
- 1 roasted poblano or bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- optional: sliced olives
- 1 recipe your favorite cornbread batter, or see links, or use Jiffy or Martha White's mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Note: Since I usually use Jiffy, I add a bit of Tabasco because their mix fairly sweet.
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Roast and chop the pepper.
- Grease a 10" cast iron skillet or Dutch oven, or 9" baking dish.
- Make the cornbread batter.
- Combine pepper, sour cream, half the cheese, and chili in the skillet.
- Pour the batter on top, smooth to the edges.
- Cover, bake the mixture for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle on the rest of the cheese, then paprika.
- Bake another 10 minutes.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 205g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 176||59%|
|Total Fat 19.86g||25%|
|Saturated Fat 10.64g||43%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 13.61g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||12%|