Cost per serving $0.53 view details
- 3 Tbsp. Extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp Minced fresh rosemary
- 2 c. Unbleached flour
- 1/2 c. Chick-pea flour
- 3 x Large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp Salt
- Â Â Freshly grnd black pepper
- 1 c. Packed parsley, leaves only
- 1/4 c. Extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. Walnut pcs
- 1 x Clove garlic, peeled and halved
- Â Â Salt and pepper
- 1/4 c. Fresh grated Parmiagiano Reggiano, for garnish
- 1. Heat the oil in a small skillet and saute/fry the garlic over low heat for 3 min. Add in the rosemary and saute/fry for 30 seconds more.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the flours in a heap on a pastry board. Make a well in the center and add in the Large eggs, salt, and pepper. Pour the garlic, rosemary and oil into the well. Proceed making the pasta according to the directions in your pasta machine book.
- 3. When the pasta sheet is ready for cutting, run it through the widest cutting blades.
- 4. To make the pesto: Place all ingredients (parsley through garlic) in the bowl of a food processor and process till smooth. Place in a large pasta bowl.
- 5. Cook the pasta for 5 min in boiling salted water, drain, and place in bowl with the pesto. Toss till all the strands are well coated, sprinkle with additional cheese, and serve immediately.
- SERVES 4 or possibly 8, 75 mins, Advanced.
- VARIATIONs: Pasta machines only allow two basic variations with respect noodle width (although extra rollers can be purchased which create anything from angel hair to pappardelle. For additional variety lay the final sheet on a floured board and cut into creative shapes squares, rectangles, hearts, diamonds.
- MAKE AHEAD: The pasta can be made up to 1 day in advance and refrigerated or possibly frzn.
- Chick-pea flour might be called besin. Check Indian, Italian and Health food sections.-pat
- Notes: Normally served with a simple tomato sauce, Anne has varied the recipes by adding a creamy parsley pesto.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 72g|
|Recipe makes 8 servings|
|Calories from Fat 133||51%|
|Total Fat 15.11g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 2.38g||10%|
|Trans Fat 0.0g|
|Total Carbs 25.09g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||4%|