Cost per recipe $10.25 view details
- 1/4 c. Honey
- 1/4 c. Mirin (a sweetened rice wine, available in Oriental markets)
- 1/4 c. Dark soy sauce
- 2 lb Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 bn Scallions, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1. Combine the honey, mirin, and soy in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 min. Cold to room temperature. (This sauce may be made 4 to 5 days in advance and refrigerated till needed.)
- 2. Split the chicken breasts in half down the center. Cut each half into 1-inch wide horizontal strips.
- 3. Alternately skewer the chicken and scallion pcs. Pour the marinade over all and let sit for 20 to 30 min. When ready to server, grill over warm coals 4 inches from the heat source, 3 min per side, bast- ing with any extra marinade.
- 6 to 8 appetizer portions; 4 main-course portions
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 988g|
|Calories from Fat 69||6%|
|Total Fat 7.7g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 2.01g||8%|
|Trans Fat 0.18g|
|Total Carbs 91.69g||24%|
|Dietary Fiber 5.7g||19%|