This is a simple, quick and tasty dish that our whole family enjoyed. Perfect for a summer BBQ with friends or family! Tip: Keep pounded boneless chicken from sticking on the grill by making sure the cooking grate is super hot and spray the chicken with a non-stick oil (I used olive oil) instead of oiling the grate. Also, use a large spatula to turn instead of tongs.
- 1 1/2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken (about 8 thighs or 4 chicken breast halves)
- 1 1/4 cups plain whole-milk yogurt
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp. red chile flakes
- 1/2 tsp. ground turmeric
- Vegetable or Olive oil spray
- 1 English cucumber, cut into 1/4-in. dice
- 2 tbsp. minced shallot (1 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Trim any fat and remove. Working 2 at a time, arrange chicken between layers of plastic wrap. With a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound meat to an even thickness of l/4 inch.
- Prepare a grill for direct high heat (about 500F);
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, cumin, lemon juice, salt, chile flakes, and turmeric. Set aside 1/2 cup yogurt mixture. Add chicken to bowl, flip to coat on both sides, and let sit at room temperature 10 minutes. Transfer chicken to a plate; spray with vegetable oil.
- Grill chicken, covered, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn over, cover, and cook 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer to a clean plate and season with more salt if necessary.
- Meanwhile, in a serving bowl, combine cucumber, shallot, mint, reserved 1/2 cup yogurt mixture, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve chicken with cucumber salad .
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 158g|
|Recipe makes 4 servings|
|Calories from Fat 15||11%|
|Total Fat 1.71g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2%|
|Trans Fat 0.03g|
|Total Carbs 2.51g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2%|