Cost per serving $1.42 view details
- 150 ml salt-reduced soy sauce
- 100 ml Mirin (Japanese rice wine)
- 4 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
- caster sugar
- 1 tspn sesame oil
- 12 chicken thigh fillets, halved crossways
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 small red chillies, seeded & finely chopped
- Â¼ cup drained crushed pineapple
- 150 gm plain flour
- 50 gm potato flour
- 50 gm cornflour
- 4-6 cups vegetable oil for frying
- To make the marinade, whisk the soy, Mirin, 3 tbsp ginger, garlic, seasonings, 1 tspn caster sugar and sesame oil until well combined in a large bowl.
- Add the chicken, toss well and set aside for up to 30 mins.
- To make the chilli sauce, put the white vinegar, 140 gm caster sugar and Â½ tspn salt in a pot. Gently bring to the boil and cook for about 2 mins until the sugar has dissolved, whisking now and again.
- Then add the garlic, chillies, 1 tspn grated ginger and the pineapple. Stir well and briefly cook. Taste for seasoning and set aside.
- Combine the flours in a large bowl. Then dust the chicken with the flour, shake off any excess and deep fry in reasonably hot oil until golden brown all over, being careful not to overcrowd the pot. Drain well on kitchen paper towels.
- Serve the chicken with the sweet chilli sauce in a small bowl on the side.
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Serving||%DV|
|Serving Size 379g|
|Recipe makes 6 servings|
|Calories from Fat 1735||87%|
|Total Fat 196.03g||245%|
|Saturated Fat 17.55g||70%|
|Trans Fat 4.89g|
|Total Carbs 35.39g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||7%|