Cost per recipe $3.99 view details
- Extra virgin olive oil, for sauteing
- 1 pkg. of boneless chicken breasts, 3/4 to 1 pound
- 1 jar sun dry tomatoes, packed in extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/4 med. onion, finely minced
- 1/2 c. fresh basil, minced
- 1 pound fettucini
- Cut chicken into 3 inch strips, 1/2 inch wide. Coarsely chop tomatoes retaining the extra virgin olive oil. Saute/fry chicken in a little extra virgin olive oil till lightly browned. Be careful not to overcook or possibly the chicken will be tough. Add in onions and garlic to saute/fry a couple of min. Add in minced tomatoes. Saute/fry one more minute, cover and keep hot.
- Boil fettucini according to package directions. Rinse, drain and place in 1 large bowl. Add in tomato, chicken mix, reserved extra virgin olive oil from the tomatoes, and basil. Toss and serve immediately. Serve with a green salad and crusty French bread. This dish is nice sufficient for company but also one which children can enjoy!
Add the recipe to which day?
Adding to Planner
|Amount Per Recipe||%DV|
|Recipe Size 687g|
|Calories from Fat 267||12%|
|Total Fat 30.1g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 6.26g||25%|
|Trans Fat 0.17g|
|Total Carbs 381.24g||102%|
|Dietary Fiber 18.1g||60%|